Stormy Monday Rhythm Ideas 1
- T-Bone Walker
This lesson file demonstrates the use of a few concepts.
Each concept can be varied as you see fit, but it is best to get the fundamental established so that you can use them as a springboard for your own ideas.
The main idea is to do 'something' on beats 3 and 4 of every bar.
From there it is 'do what'?
The ideas listed here are:
- Do something on beats 3 and 4 every bar.
- Use current fret and adjacent fret.
- Ascend or descend a semi-Tone at a time until it is time to play the next chord in the sequence.
- Play bass notes based on the current chord, or even better, in anticipation of the next chord.
- Play around with the 9th aspect of the chord by making it 9, b9 or #9.
What is written is just a demonstration. The speed of the song, the groove etc will play a part in determining what sounds best, you just have to play this and get a feel for it, and experiment.