A tab of this cool tune.
Not an easy one to TAB as the right hand style is quite distinctive and distinct as a John Mayer style rather than a general style you would learn.
For the strumming hand
- The idea is to only use the thumb and 1st/index finger
- The thumb plays the bass note
- The finger plays everything else
- On beats 2 and 4, you strike the strings as the finger flicks through the strings to make a percussive sound
- Tricky at first
- You need to spend a lot of time on this as this is the engine for the groove of the song and his style of playing
- The finger choices are marked on the PDF to show how John plays it.
- You have to experiment and play around with your own finger choices
- I physically can not reach all of the chord shapes so I have to adapt it my own way